Board Of Education
SCHOOL BOARD BLOG
The mission of the Big Walnut Local Schools is to inspire and guide
each student to his or her maximum potential.
In order to accomplish our mission, the Big Walnut Schools will
strive to achieve our vision of:
- Student-focused, professional, collaborative staff
- Student-focused , challenging and current curriculum
- Supportive, involved and informed community
- Safe, respectful and welcoming environment.
The Big Walnut Local Board of Education meetings are held the second Monday of every month in the High School Media Center, 555 South Old 3C Highway, beginning at 6:30 p.m. The public is encouraged to attend these important meetings. Occasionally, the Board will hold a special meeting when district matters need immediate attention. Upon request to the Superintendent/Treasurer, the District shall make reasonable accommodation for a disabled person to be able to participate in this activity.
Please note: Board agendas and minutes are posted on this page as well. Agendas are posted until the minutes are approved at the next scheduled meeting; then the agenda is replaced with the approved minutes.
Meetings of the board are open to the public, except for executive sessions during which Board members may discuss only three types of business as defined by the Ohio law. These are personnel matters, sale or purchase of property, and legal matters. Since Ohio law states that all school board voting must be done in public, executive sessions are for discussion purposes only.
DUTIES OF THE SCHOOL BOARD//
- Making rules and regulations necessary for the government of the school district
- Making sure all students of the district are provided with educational opportunities
- Appointing a school superintendent and electing a treasurer
- Overseeing the annual budget
- Entering into contracts with all personnel in the manner required by Ohio laws.
SCHOOL BOARD BLOG
BIG WALNUT BOARD POLICY - Board Policy Manual hosted by NEOLA